Tuesday 5 March 2013

I Haven't Seen My Nipples In 35 Years Says Woman With Breasts That Sagged Down Her Stomach

A woman whose breasts were so saggy that she had to fold them up to fit them into her bra is looking forward to finding love after a breast reduction on Embarrassing Bodies has changed her life.
Ann, 47, had large breasts from a young age and when she gained a lot of weight as an adult her bra size expanded to an incredible size 48J.
At her heaviest Ann weighed 25 stone. She lost almost 13 stone through bariatric surgery but was left with breasts that sagged over her tummy and were still a 34G.
She had to double her breasts over to fit them into a bra. Speaking to Dr Christian on the Channel 4 show, she said: 'I have no self esteem and because I've got no confidence, I can't possibly contemplate a relationship.
'I don't ever look at myself in the mirror, only to do my hair. I don't ever look at my body because it's so disgusting.
'I've come to see you today because I've lost a lot of weight and I've got a lot of loose skin, especially on my boobs.'
Following her extreme weight loss, Ann had been left with lots of loose skin, which she said she found really hard to deal with.
Her heavy breasts gave her back ache, neck ache and she would get a rash underneath and often infections.
Dr Christian agreed that Ann's breasts were hugely problematic for her. He said: 'You've lost a lot of weight but your breasts are very deflated and, to put it kindly, your nipples are now pointing at your feet.'
A protein called elastin helps skin ping back into place after it has been stretched. However, when Ann weighed 25st, her skin was stretched so much and for so long that when she lost the weight it was no longer effective.
Dr Christian added: 'What's good is that you've got nice healthy skin all up here and I think if we reconstruct the breasts and place them back where they should be with the nipples pointing upwards, you're going to end up with a nice pair of breasts.'
He referred her to Cosmetic Surgeon, Mr Hicham Mouallem at the Highgate Hospital in London for a reconstructed augmented mastopexy to uplift the breasts and give them back some shape and volume.
While Mr Hicham Mouallem admitted that helping Ann would be a big challenge, he made plans for her to undergo surgery.
Speaking ahead of the surgery, Ann said: 'I can't wait for this to actually be done because then I will be able to get on with my life and move forward, get more confident and actually just live my life instead of just existing.'
Mr Hicham Mouallem moved her nipple up completely, removed all excess skin and reshaped the breast, which took a total of three hours.
Her breasts had to be strong enough to support the implant so he removed as much of the saggy skin as he could, then created a pocket within the breast in which an implant was inserted.
In total, he has removed 1.5kg of flesh; the equivalent of two guinea pigs.
Speaking to Dr Christian after the surgery, Ann said that she is over the moon with her new breasts and is looking forward to living her life fully.
'I feel much better, a million per cent better, especially when I have a shower. Before my boobs were so horrendous that I had to hook them over my arm to wash but now I don't have to do that.
She added: 'I haven't seen my nipples in 35 years so to actually see them and know I've got some is quite good.'

No comments:

Post a Comment