Friday 12 July 2013

The Qualities Women Want In Men

With women wanting so much from their Mr Perfect, the question that arises is, are women of this century becoming demanding and unreasonable, if not materialistic when it comes to selecting a partner for themselves? While finding a match, are the expectations of a woman extremely high?

We asked some women what they think about the study and how'd they describe their ideal man.

* Women today are more independent and don't need to depend on a man for anything, which is why the standard of her ideal man has risen. Now it's more about compatibility as women can take care of themselves. As for me, my ideal man would be someone who I can get along with like a house on fire, someone who's mature and understanding, so I can look upto him every single day and learn something from him. Everything else is relative.

* I don't think there's any such thing like an ideal man or woman. For me, it's important that the man I am with, has values and basic etiquette, is educated, is aware of what's happening around him, respects his family, women and people of all classes. I don't give one bit about how much beer he drinks, if he's sloshed or forgets his mother.

*For me, the physical appearance hardly matters. It's more about the man's personality and not how much he earns or what he does in his pastime. My ideal man would be someone who I can have a conversation with and who's company I would enjoy. He should be a self-made man who respects everyone around him.

* Women of today are just more practical. Gone are the days when we used to wait for our 'Prince Charming'. There is no ideal man or woman. I am a little old school. I'll still wait for the chivalrous, self-made, righteous, successful man. But well, if that breed is extinct, the one that eats meat, drives a nice car, calls his mom and knows how to party will do just fine.

* An ideal man from my point of view is one who is secure withs himself and has a clear understanding of what is fair and unfair and has the drive to change circumstances. The 'sense of humour' and the expensive car could be an added bonus but I can do without it too.

* I don't think it really matters what the man's assets are. I would prefer someone who is understanding, patient and funny. It will be really cool though if he earns as much money as I do, if not more and has a big house. Trust me, it doesn't matter if he even calls his mom or not, his mother should bother about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment